Friday, August 1, 2014

Reading Street Detective Game


What child doesn’t love to pretend to be a detective! I know my students do! I give them a magnifying glass and they are good to go! In saying that I have created a sight word detective game for Reading Street. I have Unit R completed and posted, and I am working on Unit 1. I used these in the past, and my students loved them, so I decided to make one for every story! I am hoping this will either be a center or a fun choice game for them to play. Each story has its own mat. The mat contains a scene that reflects the story. I have hidden the words in the scene. The words are listed so the students know what to look for. After the find the words, they trace the word, write the words, and then write a sentence with the word. I hope you students enjoy these as much as mine do! I have posted some pictures for you to see what it looks like!


 Make sure you check back for the other units as I get them completed! I am hoping to make these with the amazing words and spelling words as well. So keep your fingers crossed that I get that done! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment